Recently I have been hearing lots of discussions regarding the “value” of Facebook likes, Real vs. Fake. As usual, most of what I hear is wrong so I decided to do this post to set things straight. Let me first begin by explaining the main difference between a “real” like and a “fake” like. A so called “real” like is a like that is certainly earned the “right” way… which means that the like was completed with a real individual who found real value in your site or post or page or whatever and decided to give you kudos by “liking” it…
Now to the “fake” like; the fake like is a like that is certainly generated in whatever way other than the things i described above. You can find a multitudes of various ways to get an imitation like, way too many for this post, but here are some:
1. Purchase like packages on microjob sites like Fiverr.com; you can purchase a few hundred to a few thousand. These likes are typically generated with a bot (automated software package) that games Facebook security and erroneously adds dozens to thousands of likes over days or weeks. The positive to this particular method is that it is cheap… the negative is the fact bots can be often be detected by Facebook security which can lead to your Facebook page being closed down. Recently Facebook announced it’s wants to ramp up detection, you can read a great article regarding it here.
2. Purchase likes from a microworker site. This technique involves buying “credits” or “tokens” on sites like Welikehits.com. These internet websites enable you to setup your account along with your Facebook profile and then other individuals get credits by liking your page or sharing,etc. You have to pay between $5-$100 to purchase credits that you simply then “spend” when someone likes your page; you can buy several thousand credits for $10-$25 normally. The advantage of these internet websites is that real people who have real accounts are liking your page, not an automated script or bot… the negative is that the way these likes come your way is via a gateway page having a set ip address… meaning that it must be super easy for Facebook to tell that these particular were bought, and so not count them.
Below are a few of the benefits of fake likes:
1. Use of Facebook Analytics. Facebook only enables you to the access the analytics percentage of your cpanel AFTER you reach 30 likes. By obtaining fake likes, you can access your computer data quicker.
2. Use of Facebook vanity URL. Facebook enables you to use a vanity URL only after you have 25 likes… the vanity URL is very important from the beginning, it allows you to have facebook/yourkeyword again, fake likes provides you with access to this feature very quickly.
3. Nobody wants to like a page which has zero likes… psychologically individuals are FAR very likely to click that like button if there are already several hundred or several thousand likes.
4. SEO value. Social signals are VERY important to SEO right now… some say just as much as 1/3 in the puzzle… regardless of what the amount is actually, if you do SEO you KNOW that things like followers,likes, etc play a vital role in gfhisr your keywords on the search engines. In case you are unable to generate these social signals the “right” way, getting the fake ones is better than nothing.